At Smith, we develop world-class experiential commerce solutions to help brands architect the most relevant, frictionless commerce experiences possible. We work at a high tempo, we collaborate, we’re passionate about our work with clients, and we deliver.
The market demand for our services has fueled our growth. We’re currently seeking a talented Hybris Senior Project Manager that thrives in a fast-paced environment to join our team.
The Senior Project Manager plays a vital role in keeping project activities on task. You will manage the entire project lifecycle of projects, from defining business objectives and project plan to managing successful execution and deployment—all while meeting strict deadlines and ensuring budgetary obligations. As an effective leader, you will oversee a delivery team of complex, cross-functional resources to an acceptable level of risk by balancing scope, time, cost, customer satisfaction, and quality
Who you are
- A ecommerce professional with experience managing end-to-end implementations of enterprise level platforms, Hybris preferred
- A detail-oriented self-starter, an exceptional listener, and a skilled communicator (both verbal and written)
- A highly organized, mature problem-solver with sharp business acumen and in depth knowledge of ecommerce concepts
- Articulate, direct and customer facing. You have the ability to present ideas in user-friendly language while keeping the customer’s needs front and center.
- Leads projects effectively through to completion expecting nothing less than excellence
- A positive team player with proven ability to motivate and lead their team
- A skilled decision-maker
- A polished presenter
- Open to travelling, if required
- Adaptable to technology and platform changes
- Experienced in customer management
What you’ll do
- Document the project deliverables and scope in the Statement of Work.
- Develop, manage, and document (in the agreed format) all production schedules, milestones, projections, estimates, and budgets for customer-assigned projects.
- Deliver project outputs in accordance with project plans, costs, and customer expectations
- Manage project scope, identifying, defining, and communicating risks and change requests before taking appropriate action to minimize impact on project success.
- Focus on prevention of slippage and overrun. Early identification of risk with suitable and proactive mitigation plans that are actively managed.
- Manage the test and acceptance process to attain customer signoff.
- Create and manage RFP responses and estimates for prospective customers and projects.
- Serve as customer’s primary point of contact to manage customer expectations and communications (including timetabled and ad hoc meetings), ensure that the customer is informed on the project status, and obtain customer approval and signoff on all major deliverables.
- Manage the project team, including assigning individual project tasks, holding regular meetings to monitor progress, and ensuring all timesheets are completed on time.
- Coordinate input from all project members, including third-party suppliers and customer staff, to ensure successful delivery.
- Ensure that all work is produced in accordance with appropriate processes and that opportunities for improvement are identified and agreed upon.
- Ensure the relevant repositories are updated and maintained.
- Conduct regular meetings with practice director to report project progress.
- Lead end-of-project reviews and produce lessons-learned document at the end of the project.
- Upon discovery, advise the account manager of potential new business opportunities with the customer.
What we look for
- 5+ years experience with implementation of enterprise level ecommerce platforms, Hybris preferred
- Experience working in Agile and Waterfall software development environments
- Experience working within teams building ecommerce systems or other high-availability web-based applications
- Experience with issue and bug management systems such as the Atlassian suite (e.g., JIRA, Confluence) and/or Microsoft Visual Studio (TFS)
- 5+ years of project management experience managing projects through the entire lifecycle, from inception to go live
- Experience writing Statements of Work or Project Charters
- Experience with RFP responses
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project