At Smith, we develop world-class experiential commerce solutions to help brands architect the most relevant, frictionless commerce experiences possible. We work at a high tempo, we collaborate, we’re passionate about our work with clients and we deliver.
The market demand for our services has fueled our growth. We’re currently seeking a talented Developer Lead – Hybris that thrives in a fast-paced environment to join our team.
As a Developer Lead – Hybris at Smith, we’ll be counting on you to do a few things. You’ll work closely with cross-functional Smith teams and clients’ technical teams to develop and implement features and enhancements that enable end-to-end integration of our clients’ eCommerce offerings.
Who You Are
- A technical thought leader
- A Hybris authority within the organization
- A team player with exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills
- A manager and mentor to development teams
What You’ll Do
- Develop and document detailed technical specifications for assigned hybris components and integrations
- Work with Architects, Project Managers, and other Developers to estimate the level of effort required to implement assigned work packages
- Develop, customize and debug assigned hybris components and extensions conforming to Hybris best practices and Smith development standards, using Java, Spring, and related technologies
- Create data models necessary for Hybris projects including products, catalogs, storefronts, customers, orders and more
- Manipulate raw product, inventory or customer data (database, XML, XLS, CSV, etc.) into formats suitable for loading into Hybris, and configure one-time or recurring data imports
- Provide status reports and escalate issues as appropriate to the Project Manager and Technical Architect
- Responsible for delivering high-quality Hybris components and integrations on-time
- Lead, coach and mentor team members
What We Look For
- 5+ years’ experience with Java, J2EE and Spring
- 4+ years’ experience developing web-based applications with SOAP and/or REST
- 2+ years’ experience with Java-based commerce platforms – ideally, Hybris
- Working knowledge of JSP or JSTL, Tomcat, Hibernate
- Demonstrated exceptional client service orientation
- The desire and skills to mentor junior colleagues and interact closely and constructively with other senior technical resources