At Smith, we develop world-class experiential commerce solutions to help brands architect the most relevant, frictionless commerce experiences possible. We work at a high tempo, we collaborate, we’re passionate about our work with clients, and we deliver.
The market demand for our services has fueled our growth. We’re currently seeking a talented Hybris Developer that thrives in a fast paced environment to join our team.
Smith is searching for a Hybris Developer to participate in the design and implementation of a next-generation scalable eCommerce platforms for key clients. As a Hybris Developer and a key hire in our growing Hybris practice, you will not only play a role in projects – you’ll be a Hybris pioneer, helping to build out and develop our new practice from the ground up.
Who you are
- A team member that will work closely with cross-functional Smith teams and clients’ technical teams to develop and implement features and enhancements that enable end-to-end integration of our clients’ eCommerce offerings
- A technical thought leader and a Hybris authority within the organization
- A team player with exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills
- A member of a development team that takes the initiative to be mentored by more senior team
What you’ll do
- Develop and document detailed technical specifications for assigned Hybris components and integrations
- Work with Architects, Project Managers, and other Developers to estimate the level of effort required to implement assigned work packages
- Develop, customize, and debug assigned Hybris components and extensions conforming to Hybris best practices and Smith development standards, using Java, Spring, and related technologies
- Create data models necessary for hybris projects including products, catalogs, storefronts, customers, orders and more
- Manipulate raw product, inventory or customer data (database, XML, XLS, CSV, etc.) into formats suitable for loading into Hybris, and configure one-time or recurring data imports
- Provide status reports and escalate issues as appropriate to the Project Manager and Technical Architect
- Responsible for delivering high-quality Hybris components and integrations on-time
What we look for
- Experience with Java, J2EE and Spring
- Experience developing web-based applications with SOAP and/or REST
- Experience with Java-based commerce platforms – ideally, Hybris
- Working knowledge of JSP or JSTL, Tomcat, Hibernate
- Demonstrated exceptional client service orientation
- The desire and skills to mentor junior colleagues and interact closely and constructively with other senior technical resources