The market demand for our services has fueled our growth and we are currently seeking an HR & Talent Lead to join our team. The HR & Talent Lead will be responsible for general HR and recruitment activities to support effective and efficient operation of the Human Resources team. We are looking for someone with a keen eye for the right talent, a passion for people and a desire to perfect the employee experience. You will be an ambassador for our company culture and aren’t afraid to have some fun. You are the wearer of many hats and as such, you need to be able to balance multiple tasks and changing priorities. No two days are the same, and this excites you!
Summary: This role is crucial to the success of the agency serving as the catalyst for both identifying and onboarding talent and ensuring the proper HR support for each team member. The role will greatly influence our approach to recruitment and onboarding as well as providing high-touch HR support in all areas of the employee lifecycle from benefits to development to employee engagement.
This role will act as an extension of the overall Smith HR Team, focused on supporting the HR function and onboarding Talent at Adept [a Smith Company].
*This is a remote-based position with a requirement for travel to Columbus, Ohio periodically (<25% travel).
The responsibilities of this HR & Talent Lead position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Optimize the process for evaluating candidates’ fit for the organization and culture – including quantitative and qualitative assessments and the overall journey
- Support full cycle recruitment for the Adept team, including creation of job requisitions and management of the headcount approval process, preparing job postings, sourcing for qualified candidates, resume screening, coordinating interviews and testing, reference checks, and preparing offers
- Manage the new hire onboarding process and conduct orientation to ensure a seamless onboarding experience for new team members
- Partner and collaborate with the HR Team to ensure company policies are documented, shared, and followed by all
- Support HRIS maintenance through accurate entry of electronic employee files, manage access permissions, perform data audits, and assist with overall HR workflow
- Provide general administration and coordination for the HR Team
- Support and lead some HR projects and initiatives
- Contribute, with a continuous improvement mindset, to the implementation of a best-in-class HR function
- Continue to promote the agency’s positive workplace culture of feedback, open communication, and living our core values
- Support overall employee engagement by keeping close to the involvement and enthusiasm of employees in both their work and workplace
- Minimum of 3 years of Recruitment and HR support
- Basic knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including recruitment, compensation practices, benefits admin, performance management, and privacy and employment laws
- Demonstrated initiative, judgment, and maturity, working with confidential information using the utmost discretion, respect, and care
- Adaptability and capacity to work effectively in an environment where priorities change frequently
- Superior interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and foster long-term relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Desire to learn all aspects of the business and have some fun at the same time!
- Previous experience in advertising, e-commerce or other creative industries and/or within a professional services firm is an asset
- Understanding of various HR software systems, like BambooHR and Jobvite
Adept [a Smith Company]
Founded in 2008, Adept has grown to be a team of 35+ digital marketing specialists with experts in strategy, SEO, paid media, web design & development, conversion optimization, analytics, video production and content development. Adept has been named a Central Ohio Top 10 Agency, according to Columbus Business First, and our growth over the years has earned us a place on The Agency Post’s list of fastest-growing companies, three times to the Inc. 5000 List of America’s Fast Growing Companies, and four times to Central Ohio’s Fast 50.
While some agencies specialize in a certain industry, a marketing channel, or a particular digital tactic — we specialize in growth. Internalizing each business and its goals, we build collaborative relationships with our clients around data-driven marketing that delivers measurable results. It’s an approach that enables us to work with growth-minded brands across a variety of verticals — including healthcare, retail, education, finance, construction/engineering, real estate, and professional services.
- We live and breathe our Core Values:
- Autonomy – Problem solving, leading
- Connectivity – Trusted, collaborative, dependable
- Clarity – Empathetic, understanding, concise
- Pragmatism – Data-driven, realistic, results-oriented
- Storytelling – Engaging, visual, inspiring
- One of the top 10 agencies in Central Ohio
- Fast-paced and rapidly growing company
- We work with a variety of clients and brands across multiple industries
- We believe in the work we do – we think of our client’s business as our business
- Company recognizes and rewards high performers for their contributions
- With autonomy comes ability to drive change. We are anti-status quo and thrive on change
- Company runs on EOS®
- Smart and talented team who do not settle for mediocrity We enjoy spending time with each other!
- Freedom to share ideas, implement change, and improve processes- each person has an opportunity to add value
- Leadership is easily accessible and really cares about the employees– people are the priority
- Challenging but rewarding position which gives you the opportunity to learn something new every day and grow professionally
- Able to make an impact on Adept as well as impact our client’s business
- Fun culture that offers flexibility
- Lots of perks! In-office snacks and drinks, work-from-home-Fridays and half-day Fridays in the summer
Benefits: Medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, pet insurance, 401K, PTO, parental leave, paid holidays, work-from-home Fridays, summer hours, expense reimbursement, continuing education, volunteer opportunities, team events, in-office snacks.